38-а добров. гренадерська див. СС "Нібелунги" / 38. SS-Grenadier-Division „Nibelungen“

Тема у розділі 'Дивізії СС', створена користувачем Joachim Peiper, 13 гру 2007.

1. Joachim Peiper

Joachim Peiper Stabsgefreiter

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Inkerinmaa
    Интиресна история и ее судьба, но а также командиры их фото и фото солдат в сражениях и на отдыхе(почему именно так называтся?)? :)
    Заранее спасибо.,

2. Цікаві лоти

1. Знак " За загальні штурмові атаки" в сріблі. Контр рельєфний. Копаний з позицій. Реставрація мною...
      800 грн.
    2. Состояние на фото. Доставка только по Украине.
      2200 грн.
    3. SA-Sportabzeichen.
      3500 грн.
    4. Испанский Крест в серебре с мечами. Нем. : Spanienkreuz in Silber". -------- Одна из самых желанных...
      84000 грн.
    5. 1500 грн.
  3. Клаус

Клаус Schütze

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Konigsberg,Ost Preussen
    Re: 38-я дивизия СС Nibelungen

с фотами проблемы,дивизия была сформированна в последние дни войны...

38th SS Division Nibelungen

Nationality: Germany, Estonian.
    Fought in: Western Front: Rhein, Donau, Ingolstadt, Kehlheim.
    RK 0
    Fate: Surrended to the Americans in Alpen-Donau room, on the 8th of May 1945

Formation
    The division was formed on 27 March 1945 from personnel and students of the SS-Junkerschule at Bad Tцlz . It was first intended that the unit should be named SS-Junkerschule Bad Tцlz, but was renamed to SS-Division Junkerschule and finally to 38. SS-Grenadier-Division Nibelungen by the commander of the cadet school Richard Schulze-Kossens . The name ‘ Nibelungen ' comes from German mythology, which was the name of a lineage of dwarves, who were defeated by Siegfried .

Although it was called a division it never had more than a brigade strength (roughly around 6000 men). The division was raised in the upper Rhein regions Freiburg , and Todtnau in Schwarzwald , with the divisional headquarters in Geschwend bei Todtnau .

Although formed from men of the Junkerschule, the division also received additional strength from parts of other units. This included an SS “special use” Begleit-Battaillon Reichfьhrer SS (received on 9 April 1945), two Zollgrenzschutz battalions , soldiers from 6th SS Mountain Division Nord , a company from 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen (with Volksdeutsche members) officers from the 30th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (2nd Russian) (who were incorporated in the SS-Polizei-Bataillon-Siegling ) and a whole battalion of Hitlerjugend members. The first commander was Richard Schulze-Kossens, who was the Commanding officer of the SS-Brigade Nibelungen and the Junkerschule at Bad Tцlz. He was followed by Martin Stange on 12 April (Heinz Lammerding and Karl Ritter von Oberkamp were also assigned to command, but never took the post). The division had 2 Grenadier regiments ( SS-Grenadier-Regiment 95 under the KC holder SS-Ostbf. Markus Faulhaber & SS-Ostbf. Richard Schulze-Kossens from 12 April. SS-Grenadier-Regiment 96 was commanded by the KC & OL holder SS-Ostbf. Walter Schmidt), which were both raised from the SS-Brigade Nibelungen. Some sources also claim the existence of a SS-Grenadier-Regiment 97, but it is likely that it was never more than two battalions strong. The divisions Panzerjдger-Abteilung 38 received the majority of its men from the ‘Prinz Eugen' division and officers from ‘Nord'. The Abteilung received about 10 Jagdpanzer 38s shipped on April 15, it also had some 75 mm towed PaK 40 anti-tank guns (the Abteilung served under 17. SS-Panzergrenadier-Division Gцtz von Berlichingen from 17 to 24 April, until it came under its parent division).

In action

The 38th SS division was first alerted for action on 7 April 1945 - at the time only 7 battalions strong. The unit was recognised as ready for battle on 24 April, when it entered the ranks of the XIII SS Armeekorps on the Danube river Front, facing American forces south of the river. The ‘Nibelungen' was supposed to hold the Korps' right wing from Vohlburg to Kelheim . The frontline which it was supposed to hold was too long for its strength, so the division retreated on the 26 April to a new front, which it held to the 28th. On 29 Apr they had to retreat across the Isar river and establish a new position south of Landshut , while resisting strong pressure on its both flanks . The next day the division retreated again, this time to a defensive line northwest of Pastetten . 1 May brought more retreating as the unit withdrawed for almost 20km to Wasseburg . The U.S. 20th Armored Division breached the entire divisions' front on 2 May, forcing the ‘Nibelungen' to retreat to Chiemsee . The remains of the division regrouped on 4 May and established a new defensive line west of Oberwoessen . Although battered the division put up a determined resistance until the ceasefire was called on 5 May. The division surrendered to the American forces on 8 May 1945.

Commanders

SS-Obersturmbannfьhrer Richard Schulze-Kossens (6 Apr 1945 - 9 Apr 1945)
    SS-Gruppenfьhrer Heinz Lammerding (? Apr 1945 - ? Apr 1945)
    SS-Obergruppenfьhrer Karl Ritter von Oberkamp (? Apr 1945 - ? Apr 1945)
    SS-Standartenfьhrer Martin Stange (12 Apr 1945 - 8 May 1945)
    Chief of Operations (Ia)
    SS-Sturmbannfьhrer Heinrich Wulf (6 Apr 1945 – 8 May 1945)
    Quartermaster (Ib)
    SS-Sturmbannfьhrer Ernst Fritscher (6 April 1945 - 8 May 1945)
    Chief Intelligence Officer (Ic)
    SS-Untersturmfьhrer Hermann Buhl (6 Apr 1945 – 8 May 1945)

Area of operations
    Southern Germany (Mar 1945 - May 1945)
    Order of battle (Apr 1945)

SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 95
    3x Battaillon
    SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 96
    4x Battaillon
    SS-Artillerie-Regiment 38
    1. Abteilung
    2. Abteilung
    5. Batterie
    6. Batterie
    SS-Panzerjдger-Abteilung 38
    2x Panzerjдger-Kompanie
    1x Flak-Kompanie
    SS-Pioneer-Abteilung 38
    SS-Flak-Abteilung 38
    SS-Nachrichten-Abteilung 38
    SS-Ausbildung und Ersatz Abteilung 38
    SS-Polizei-Bataillon-Siegling
    SS-Wirtschafts-Battaillon 38

4. OST

OST Oberfeldwebel

Рейтинг:
    Лоти
      на продажу:
      продані:
    Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Kiew Reichskommissariat Ukraine

Если есть интерес, могу сканы нибелунговского зольдбуха сбросить;)

5. Клаус

Клаус Schütze

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Konigsberg,Ost Preussen

а называется она так ,потому что средневековая сага "Песнь о Нибелунгах" один из 3-х китов германского этноса.
    вот в честь этого и назвали :)

6. Клаус

Клаус Schütze

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Konigsberg,Ost Preussen

OST,конечно интересно!

7. von Assell

von Assell Obergefreiter

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Город-Герой Москва

Проооосим!Прооооооооосим!:)

8. OST

OST Oberfeldwebel

Рейтинг:
    Лоти
      на продажу:
      продані:
    Повідомлення:
    Адреса:

Андреас Принц. Начал службу в запасном гренадерском батальоне СС "Ост";) Потом служил канониром во 2-й батарее 6-го Флакдивизиона СС (SS-Nord); после чего был переведен в формировавшуюся дивизию "Нибелунги" (служил в роте противовоздушной защиты противотанкового дивизиона СС "Нибелунги")
    К сожалению, без фото.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

А вот об єтом зольдбухе на буржуйском: ;)

Soldbuch 38. SS-Grenadier-Division "Nibelungen"
    I bought this document during summer 2003. I had noticed this document on a German site of auction (Militariaweb.com). At first, by examining the proposed images on the site of sale, I had very great doubts as for the authenticity of this document. I thought first of all of a classical addition of a new interesting unity to make go up the price for the document. Nevertheless, I decided to make more detailed researches. Finally and mainly thanks to it signature dated of April 3, 1945 which appears on the page 30 of this document, I was practically someone of its authenticity for the following reasons :

It was well a Soldbuch of 6. SS-Geb. Div. Nord. All the registrations relative to this division showed themselves correct.

Signature of the officer appearing on the page 30, JOBKE, was perfectly legible, (Fritz JOBKE Striegau / Schles. 04.02.1909 / SS Nr. 188.551). By consulting the Mr. Klaus Schneider's book " Spuren der Nibelungen on 1945 ", I found the confirmation of the presence of this officer within the Panzerjдger-Abteilung 38.

By pursuing my researches, I found the confirmation of the passage of about 300 men of 6. SS-Geb. Div. Nord to 38. SS-Grenadier-Division "Nibelungen" in April 1945.

Absolutely to be someone of the authenticity, I made a demand beside the WASt in Berlin. In November 2003, I received a mail of the WASt asking me to indicate the motives for my demand of information. To avoid a waste of time, I began the initiative to phone to the WASt to explain my demand. The person who answered me is French and are engaged to answer in ask emanating from French-speaking countries. This person indicated me that the WASt possessed not enough information relative to the SS troops. This person guided me towards a service which possessed the information relative to the members of SS, formerly Berlin Document Center, at present Bundesarchiv. I was going to resign of this person when it indicated me that it had found a single information relative to my demand : May 8, 1945 the holder of my Soldbuch had been arrested by the American troops. This person also indicated me : At the time of the arrest the unity of annexation of the holder of my Soldbuch was : 5. Fla. Kompanie / SS-Panzer-Jдger-Abteilung 38. SS-Grenadier-Division "Nibelungen". I asked for a written confirmation of these information and I received this mail at the beginning of January 2004.

To end, it is necessary to note that the Soldbuch was sold with the still present photo, placing by two staples. During the reception of this document, I examined this photography and I noticed that it was not about the original photo. Therefore I removed a first staple and I was able to notice that another surname represented behind this photo. Therefore I have to remove the second staple and I removed this photography which had been added. It is necessary to clarify that the placing this photography had been very well made. Only a light difference of colour of the stamps was visible.

I suggest you now seeing images of this document.

Page 1 : It is about a Soldbuch models Miesbach. Name of the holder : Andreas PRINZ.

Page 2 : Document established on July 17, 1943 by the SS Gren. Ers. Btl. Ost. Andreas PRINZ is German of Rumania.

Page 3 : Confirmation of the changes of ranks (see page 1) with indication of the unity 2. Battr. / Flak Abt. 6 with already signature of JOBKE.

Page 4 : After the passage in the SS Gren. Ers. Btl. Ost, Andreas PRINZ is incorporated to 2. Battr. Flakabteilung SS Geb. Div. Nord then the unity is renamed 2. Battr. SS Flakabt. 6. Finally the most interesting unity. After the return of Norway, the rests of 6. SS-Geb.Div. Nord (a part of the unity was going to fight in Alsace/France) meet themselves in the region of Frankfurt/Main in March, 1945. After some fights against the American troops, a part of the division (about 300 men) joins Nьrnberg at the beginning of April 1945. These men will be incorporated within 38. SS-Grenadier-Division "Nibelungen". Andreas PRINZ will be incorporated in 5. Fla. Kompanie SS Pz. Jдg. Abt. "Nibelungen".

Page 8 : Two days after the establishment of this Soldbuch, is July 19, 1943, Andreas PRINZ receives his military equipment. This list of the material already printed with the first unity (SS-Gren. Ers. Btl. Ost) was stuck on the pages 8 and 9 of his Sodlbuch. October 5, 1943, during the passage to SS-Geb. Div. Nord, it receives new equipment. The dated registrations in August, 1945 indicate that after the arrest Andreas PRINZ was incorporated into war prisoner's working unities.

Page 9 : Suite of the effects perceived by Andreas PRINZ.

Page 10 : While he is allocated to the SS Flak. Abt. 6, Andreas PRINZ receives different equipments on October 14, 1944.

Page 12 : Stamp affixed on December 15, 1943 with the signature of JOBKE. I can not explain the presence of this stamp emanating from " Nachschubkommandantur der Waffen - SS und Polizei Finnland ".

Page 13 : Reception of a Mauser 98 K on February 22, 1945 after the return of Norway.

Page 26 : Stamps affixed by the SS Gren. Ers. Btl. Ost then by the SS Flak Abt. 6 during the change of rank.

Page 28 : very interesting page. These harmless registrations allow us to redraw the Andreas PRINZ course.

Frontleitstelle 20 : 1943 Turku (Finland)

Frontleitstelle 12 : AOK Norwegen in Oslo

Frontleitstelle 110 : Flensburg with two secondary posts to Aarhus and Aalborg (Denmark)

These three registrations indicate that Andreas PRINZ was in Finland in September, 1943. In January, 1945, he is in Oslo then moves in Denmark. He stays in Denmark until February 28, 1945 (he a new rifle perceived on February 22, 1945, to see page 13).

Page 29 : The registrations appearing in the top of this page indicate the various sale perceived by Andreas PRINZ when he was a war prisoner.

The registration appearing of page below should be put in evidence. FP nr. 03 754 on November 22, 1944.

FP nr. 03 754 : Fstg. Kdtr. u. Betr. u. Verpfl. Stelle Narvik u. Feld-Wi. Offz. Aussenstelle Narvik u. Frontleitstelle 112.

Andreas PRINZ was to Narvik. This registration confirms the information collected in different books. After the fights of Finland, 6. SS-Geb. Div. Nord regrouped to Narvik then joined Oslo finally to go to the Jьtland (Denmark) by boat. The different registrations appearing on the pages 28 and 29 of this Soldbuch confirm these information

Page 30 : Decoration : on April 3, 1945 Hauptsturmfьhrer JOBKE awards the Heeres-Flak-Abzeichen to Andreas PRINZ. The stamp of the FP nr. 56 315 is affixed on this page to confirm this decoration.

FP nr. 56 315 : Stab u. 1. - 2. Kp. Pz. Abtl. 105 (V. SS - KORPS)

This date indicates that JOBKE is always in the head of his men in April, 1945 (he still clarifies Flak Abt. 6), this after the fights of Frankfurt/Main and the retreat on Nьrnberg.

As on the page 12 of this Soldbuch JOBKE uses a stamp other than that of the unity. I was not able to determine exactly the position of the unities of V. SS-Korps at the beginning of April on 1945.

It is likely that the JOBKE's unity was in the presence of unity of V. SS-Korps which moved in the direction of the North, this before his men is incorporated in 38. SS-Grenadier-Division "Nibelungen".

Letter of the WASt confirming the registrations of the Soldbuch :
    Identity disc nr. 2373 - Stamm-Kp. / SS-Gren. Ers. Batl. Ost (see page 1)
    Date of annexation : July 17, 1943, unknown unity of the WASt (see page 2)
    Annexation on May 8, 1945 : 5. Fla. Kompanie / SS-Panzer-Jдger-Abteilung (38. SS-Grenadier-Division "Nibelungen") (see page 4)
    War prisoner's number : 31G - 655 7436
    Released from captivity : in July 20, 1946

Nibelungen p2.jpg
    Nibelungen p3.jpg
    Nibelungen p10.jpg
    Nibelungen p12.jpg
    Nibelungen p13.jpg
    DDD777 подобається це.
  9. OST

OST Oberfeldwebel

Рейтинг:
    Лоти
      на продажу:
      продані:
    Повідомлення:
    Адреса:

Еще сканы;)

Nibelungen p26.jpg
    Nibelungen p28.jpg
    Nibelungen p29.jpg
    Nibelungen p30.jpg
    Nibelungen Bekleidung 2.jpg
    DDD777 та Star.Sap.Vodichka подобається це.
  10. Клаус

Клаус Schütze

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Konigsberg,Ost Preussen

OST,спасибо!
    ценная инфа.

11. von Assell

von Assell Obergefreiter

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Город-Герой Москва

OST,Благодарю!

12. Joachim Peiper

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Inkerinmaa

Огромное спасибо OSty за сканы, а вот то сьл нету фото плохо, не ужели их вообще нет, даже пленных?

13. Joachim Peiper

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Inkerinmaa

Я не силен в англ. Клаус, так что если не затруднит перев. пост №2 ;)

14. Joachim Peiper

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Inkerinmaa

Командиры: оберштурмбанфюрер СС Шульц, группенфюрер СС Риттер фон Оберкамп, группенфюрер СС Гейнц Ламмердинг, штурмбанфюрер СС Штанг.- их фото есть?

15. Joachim Peiper

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Inkerinmaa

Вот кажется их эмблема, красива...

38DIV.JPG
  16. Joachim Peiper

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Inkerinmaa

На что они расчитывали? :( :( :eek:

17. KBH

KBH Stabsgefreiter

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Норильск

На победу! ;)

18. Клаус

Клаус Schütze

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Konigsberg,Ost Preussen

натюрлих:)

19. raubtier

raubtier Stabsfeldwebel

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    г. Новосибирск Россия

SS-Obersturmbannfuehrer Walter Schmidt(28.01.1917 - 20.07.2000)
    - Ritterkreuz (4. August 1943) Eichenlaub (14. Mai 1944)

- Kommandeur des SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiments 96. 38. SS-Grenadier-Division "NIbelungen"

wschmidt4.jpg
  20. GraFs

GraFs Stabsfeldwebel

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Rußland```````````````3.ϟϟ-А.А.5

Командиры:
    Оберштурммбаннфюрер СС Рихард Шульце-Коссенес (4.1945)
    Бригаденфюрер СС Гейнц Ламмердинг(4.1945)
    Бригаденфюрер СС Карл Риттер фон Оберкамп (4.1945)
    Штандартенфюрер СС Мартин Штанге

Сформирована 27.3.1945 из личного состава юнкерской школы СС в Бад-Тельце, батальона личной охраны Гиммлера, 8000 17-летних подростков и бойцов 30-й гренадерской двизии СС.Список командиров, вероятно, чисто воображаемый. Гитлер лично отдал приказ о создании дивизии для использ. ее на Западе. Первоначальное название - "Юнкершуле". Отдельные элементы дивизии успели недолго повоевать в Верхней Баварии, сдались в Альпен-Донау в начале 5.1945. Названия подразделений не известны. Предполагают, что в начале 4.1945 2700 человек были распределены по 7 батальонам.

21. GraFs

GraFs Stabsfeldwebel

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:

по идее, за пару месяцев существования дивизии, хотя бы 1 боец должен был попасть в объектив. ЕКЛМН !

22. von Assell

von Assell Obergefreiter

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Город-Герой Москва

Да попасть то мог, да только как его отличить?никакого особо знака (ни на петлицах, ни манжетной ленты) нет:confused:

23. Joachim Peiper

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Inkerinmaa

А разве на ленте не было написано по нем. "СС Nibelungen", как например "Рейхсфюрер" или "панцер-грен. полиц." (№4)

24. GraFs

GraFs Stabsfeldwebel

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:

в конце войны кто в чем щеголял:D

25. von Assell

von Assell Obergefreiter

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:
    Город-Герой Москва

Просто не у всех дивизий СС были свои ленты. Например, у Хандшар тоже не было. И у Нибелунгов не было.Если конечно верить Семёнову

26. GraFs

GraFs Stabsfeldwebel

Повідомлення:
    Адреса:

Да, у 38-й вроде не было ленты